fbpx
Joint Unions insisting on key data to determine reinstatement of pay cut for public officers
January 25, 2022
‘We must all call out domestic violence,’ says Senator Elena Smith
January 25, 2022

Over 3,600 sugarcane farmers affected by 2019 drought receive assistance

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022. 4:04 pm CST.

Photo Credit: MAFSE

By Rubén Morales Iglesias: The Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security, and Enterprise says more than 3,600 sugarcane farmers are receiving assistance vouchers as part of the Enhancing Sugarcane Farmers Resilience to Natural Hazards, Phase II project, funded by a loan from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB).

MAFSE said farmers in the Corozal and Orange Walk Districts who are beneficiaries of the program were receiving vouchers on Tuesday at the Yo Creek Agriculture Station. The farmers are to redeem the vouchers at participating suppliers.

Farmers line up at Yo Creek Agriculture Station.

“Almost 2 million Belize dollars ($1,996,218.53 BZD) is being disbursed to sugar cane farmers to help them with the aftereffects of the drought which affected their crops in 2019,” said MAFSE.

MAFSE said that 60% of the total assistance was given to the sugarcane farmers in 2021 and the remaining 40% is now being distributed.

MAFSE noted that after meeting with the sugar cane farmer associations, the decision was made to pro-rate the assistance among the more than 3,600 farmers registered on the Belize Agriculture Information Management System (BAIMS) up to November of 2019. The individual farmers’ assistance depends on how many tons they delivered in the 2018-19 delivery year.

Comments

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt marketing@breakingbelizenews.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • Galen University
  • larry waight
  • Galen University