Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2022. 1:56 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: The wooden upper flat of a two-story house in Lord’s Bank was destroyed by fire in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to police, Mark Lopez, 58; reported that he lit a candle because he has been without electricity for the last month and fell asleep. He awoke sometime later to extreme heat and realized the house was on fire. He exited the house and was only able to save his phone and a backpack.
The fire was eventually put out but the value of the damage has not yet been determined. The lower flat, which is concrete, only suffered water damage.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.