Child apparently electrocuted at home in Pomona, Stann Creek District
August 29, 2022
Parents concerned over Student bus situation in Santa Familia, Cayo
August 30, 2022

8-year-old girl electrocuted while plugging in a damaged extension cord to watch TV

Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2022. 8:58 am CST.

By Zoila Palma Gonzalez: Police in Dangriga are investigating the death of an 8-year-old child that occurred on Monday morning.

According to police reports, Yulma Portillo was at home in Pomona with her daughter 8-year-old Jaqueline Valdez.

Portillo says that she was washing dishes and her daughter was playing with the water. The child then asked her mom if she can go inside to watch TV. The mom says that she told her not to go inside without permission.

However, the child went inside while having wet clothes and she unrolled a peel wire extension cord and plugged it into the outlet to put on the television and got electrocuted.

Portillo says she ran inside and saw her daughter with the extension in her hand and burned marks on the child’s hand, chest and chin.

The child was immediately transported for medical treatment.

She was pronounced dead at the Southern Regional Hospital.


Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-612-0315.


© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.


  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Shindaiwa
  • Belmopan Aggregates