Posted: Friday, October 7, 2022. 2:55 pm CST.
By Zoila Palma Gonzalez: The Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security and Enterprise is urging all farmers to take the necessary safety measures to protect crop and livestock.
The latest bulletin from the National Meteorological Service of Belize advises that the projected path of Tropical Storm Julia has the potential of producing heavy rainfall and possible flooding over Belize on Sunday and Monday.
All farmers who are in low-lying and flood-prone areas are advised to safeguard their families and livelihoods as needed.
All farmers are advised to observe the following measures:
Crop producers are advised to
– harvest available and mature crops
– make a note of all crops planted and production amounts
– store harvested crops in cool, dry areas to avoid spoilage or losses
Producers with tropical greenhouses or cover structures are asked to
– remove covering materials (UV plastic and anti-viral netting)
– safely store equipment and supplies
– make a note of all crops planted and production amounts, including taking pictures of the structure(s)
Livestock producers are advised to
– temporarily relocate animals to safer areas
– ensure availability of animal feed and water
– make a count of all animals
– secure all farm machinery and farm inputs
– relocate all pesticides and pesticide containers to avoid spillage and contamination
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.