fbpx
BEL
“Blackout Sunday” as Belize Electricity Limited announces power system upgrades and maintenance across Old Capital
May 2, 2023
Sharif Andrewin wins Agric Rodeo, is the Bull Riding Grand Champion
May 2, 2023

Electrical issues may be at fault for fatal Antelope Street fire in which mother rushed in to save her kids

Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2023. 7:23 pm CST.

By Aaron Humes: While investigations continue by the National Fire Service, early thinking is that an electrical fault is behind the shocking deaths this morning of 22-year-old Adriana Lord and her children Asiah, aged 2, and newborn Zion Lord, aged two months, in a house fire in Belize City.

According to Police, the green semi-Plycem and wooden bungalow house measuring 30 by 20 feet at 7017 Antelope Street Extension apparently went up in flames around 7:30 a.m. as smoke was seen coming from the front of the house, followed thereafter by screams.

Witnesses tried to get into the house but the flames were too strong, and after the Fire Service put out the flames, the bodies of the mother and her two children were found under the debris, as she had tried to save them. About half an hour earlier, the kids’ grandmother Elida Sabido and son Herman Williams left for work.

A post-mortem examination has been scheduled and police and fire investigations are underway.

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-612-0315.

 

© 2023, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.

Comments

  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates