By Aaron Humes: Police are investigating a housefire early this Saturday morning which was apparently caused by an unattended lit candle.
Information to police is that 64-year-old Anthony Mortis of Cemetery Road had lit a candle at his residence, a 10 by 10-foot wooden structure with zinc roof and no electricity, next to La Popular Bakery on Cemetery Road on Friday night around 9 p.m. He then went to sleep.
A few hours later he was awakened by neighbors who alerted him that his house was on fire. The structure was destroyed despite the efforts of firefighters. Police investigations continue.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.