Posted: Sunday, September 3, 2023. 10:24 am CST.
By Breaking Belize News Staff: As the Atlantic hurricane season continues its unpredictable course, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami sounded the alarm today with an 8:00 AM EDT update. Not only are two tropical storms, Gert and Katia, actively swirling in the Atlantic but there are also new areas of interest that could develop into significant tropical systems, posing a potential threat to coastal regions.
On the Radar:
- Tropical Storm Gert: Currently making its presence felt over the central subtropical Atlantic, Gert’s path and potential escalation are under close scrutiny by meteorologists.
- Tropical Storm Katia: Situated over the eastern subtropical Atlantic, Katia’s evolution is of considerable concern, given the unpredictability of such systems.
- Central Tropical Atlantic (AL95): A tropical wave is brewing several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands, stirring up intense showers and thunderstorms. There’s a growing consensus among meteorologists that this system is showing signs of heightened organization. The current environment suggests a favorable path for development, with predictions leaning toward the formation of a tropical depression by midweek. This system is poised to move at speeds of 15 to 20 mph, primarily towards the west-northwest direction.
- Formation chance over the next 48 hours: Medium at 40%.
- Formation chance over the next 7 days: High at 80%.
- Eastern Tropical Atlantic: Another potential threat emerges from a tropical wave over western Africa, which is projected to shift offshore in the coming days. While its development rate might be slower, any activity in the region warrants close observation. This system’s trajectory is expected to be toward the west-northwest.
- Formation chance over the next 48 hours: Negligible at 0%.
- Formation chance over the next 7 days: Low at 20%.
Residents living in potential impact zones are being urged by the NHC team to stay alert, regularly check official updates, and make necessary preparations. With the situation constantly evolving, staying informed could make all the difference in ensuring safety.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2023, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.