Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014. 10:11 pm CST.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014. AARON HUMES Reporting: It seems no one is in love with the Harvest Caye project sponsored by Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Despite the best efforts of the Government to sell the benefits of the project for the South, a key backer is now backing out.
The Placencia Village Council now opposes the project, leaving Cabinet Investment Sub-Committee chair Godwin Hulse disappointed.
He says that as recently as last week, a concern brought up by a member of the Council was addressed – a water pipe running on the peninsula that may be damaged by passing cruise ships.
The Minister says everyone has been heard from and accuses opponents of trying to segment the country and keep cruise tourism from where it can most benefit all people.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt firstname.lastname@example.org оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2014, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.