Posted: Friday, February 7, 2020. 2:29 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Authorities are investigating a fire that destroyed a house and damaged another on Ebony Street in Belize City.
Around 4 pm yesterday, Floyd Burgess reported that he observed smoke coming from a 10 feet by 8 feet plywood house in his yard.
The house was occupied by Mark Burgess.
The fire was extinguished by the Fire Department.
The house was completely destroyed by the fire and the adjacent house was partially damaged by fire and water.
Investigations revealed that Mark fell asleep with a lit cigarette in his hand which fell and ignite the mattress.
An investigation is ongoing.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.