Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021. 1:30 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Today, the Taiwan Embassy announced that applications for the 2021 TaiwanICDF (International Cooperation and Development Fund) Scholarship Program has been officially launched.
Applicants are required to apply simultaneously with both (1) the Embassy and (2) the University.
Application documents have to be respectively submitted to the Embassy by Monday, March 15, 2021, and to the University before its specific deadline.
The List of the 30 Programs (8 Bachelor, 19 Master, and 3 Ph.D.) from 20 universities with their respective deadlines can be found at https://www.icdf.org.tw/public/Attachment/0123110545186.pdf.
Important regulations and notices:
- Scholarship recipients will be provided with a round trip economy class airfare, housing, tuition fees, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs, and a monthly allowance, which varies due to different study programs. Details of Scholarship benefits can be found here: https://www.icdf.org.tw/public/Attachment/3122520403680.pdf
- The programs are all English-taught.
- Applicants are required to apply with both the (1) the Embassy and (2) the University simultaneously.
- Applicants need to fill out and submit the TaiwanICDF Scholarship Application Form and related documents listed below to the Embassy before Monday, March 15, 2021.
- Please visit the link to the online TaiwanICDF Scholarship Application Form:
http://web.icdf.org.tw/ICDF_TSP/WelcomeStart.aspx Please fill out all the pages, print it out and sign it.
- For the University application for intended program of study, please visit:
https://www.icdf.org.tw/public/Attachment/0123110545186.pdf. Every applicant can only apply for one program.
- Students scheduled to graduate in June 2021 are allowed to apply, and have to submit the original letter of completion and the original transcript certified by the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs in Belmopan.
- For those whose diploma and transcripts were obtained in foreign countries are required to have their documents certified by the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate(General)/Representative Office in that country.
- All the applicants must submit their application IN PERSON. All applicants must make an appointment with the Embassy to submit their applications.
- Current Scholarship recipients cannot continuously apply for different level program, that is, no one is allowed to continuously apply at the same year when he or she just finishes his or her study in Taiwan. He or she must skip at least one year for next application.
- Once the applicant’s application is accepted, the Embassy will schedule an interview in the form of a video conference via Skype. Applicants are required to provide their Skype account information upon submission.
Duration of Scholarships:
The award periods for different study programs are listed below:
Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years.
Master program: maximum 2 years.
Doctoral Program: maximum 4 years.
- Be Belizean citizens (Overseas Chinese and Taiwanese nationals are not eligible).
- Is not a current recipient of a scholarship or subsidy being offered by any other government agencies or educational institutions in Taiwan.
- For undergraduate programs, must possess a senior or vocational high school diploma; for graduate programs, must possess an undergraduate or graduate degree relevant to the intended area of study. The minimum GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- Be in good mental and physical health and under the age of 50.
- For those who work in governmental agencies must submit the approval letter issued from their working agencies when delivering their application.
- No record of being cancelled or disqualified for Taiwan-oriented scholarship, nor has been expelled from the University that the applicant had studied in Taiwan before.
- Completed TaiwanICDF Scholarship Application Form
- Photocopy of the highest-level diploma certified by the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs in Belmopan.
- Original complete transcript certified by the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs in Belmopan.
- Two (2) recommendation letters
- Itemized C. V. and resume (includes academic background and/or working experiences)
- Photocopy of passport or other nationality certificates (must bring the original to the Embassy upon submission).
All required documents mentioned-above must be completed and submitted in a 10″ X 13″ sized envelope specifying intended program of study, no later than Monday, March 15, 2021, to Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan), #1 Taiwan Street, Belize City. All applicants must make an appointment with the Embassy to submit their applications. Late and incomplete applications will be rejected. For further information please contact Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) via Tel: 227-8744, 223-1862 or e-mail at [email protected].
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt [email protected] оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.