fbpx
Biblio Bar: The new elegant heart of the Placencia Peninsula
November 27, 2021
Police seek assistance in Anil Asnaney murder investigation
November 27, 2021

Unattended mosquito coil claims house by fire in Carolina, Corozal

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2021. 9:30 pm CST.

By Aaron Humes: An unattended mosquito coil, locally known as “fish”, caused an entire house to burn down overnight in Carolina Village outside Corozal Town, Corozal District.

According to police, the family of Dolores Mendez went to sleep around 9 p.m. Friday in their pimento house with zinc roofing.

They were awakened by smoke around 12:30 a.m. and saw fire coming from under her son’s bed, apparently caused when the minor lit a mosquito coil and placed it under his bed.

The 10 by 20-foot structure was completely destroyed by the fire. A second structure measuring about 28X20 feet, which is the property of Edmond Sanker, sustained water damages to its roof and wall. The value of the damages is yet to be determined.

Police are investigating.

Comments

 

Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt marketing@breakingbelizenews.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.

 

© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

  • Christmas Galen Ad (Revised)
  • larry waight
  • Christmas Galen Ad (Revised)