Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2020. 9:18 am CST.
By BBN Staff: The Minister of Health and Wellness, Michel Chebat, informed that the Ministry of Health will no longer be conducting testing of patients after the 14-day mark.
This was previously being done to determine if the patient had recovered from COVID-19.
In an interview with Plus TV, Chebat said that the decision made comes from international health organizations.
“ Individuals who have been afflicted by COVID and who have had 14 days without symptoms are now being declared clinically recovered through the ministry and its hospitals,” Chebat said.
He added that there are protocols in place and medical professionals have guidelines that they must follow on a patient by patient basis.
Chebat also said that the epidemiology unit is closely monitoring the number of COVID-19 cases on a daily basis.
Аdvеrtіѕе wіth thе most visited news site in Веlіzе ~ Wе оffеr fullу сuѕtоmіzаblе аnd flехіblе dіgіtаl mаrkеtіng расkаgеѕ. Yоur соntеnt іѕ dеlіvеrеd іnѕtаntlу tо thоuѕаndѕ оf uѕеrѕ іn Веlіzе аnd аbrоаd! Соntасt uѕ аt email@example.com оr саll uѕ аt 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.