Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2021. 3:27 pm CST.
By Aaron Humes: Tourism Minister, Anthony Mahler, says he’s here to tell the world that Belize is safe for the resumption of large-scale tourism, both overnight and cruise.
Belize is designated level one safe by the CDC and has recovered to between 70 and 80 percent of arrivals compared to last year, with increased routes to come from Europe and the United States for the remainder of the year.
Belize is also ahead of schedule for arrivals through the land borders, the Minister added.
“If you want your free education, your free health care, housing, do your part, do the responsible thing and go get vaccinated,” the Minister said, arguing that this is the only way to reopen the economy.
In his portfolio, some 80 percent of tourism workers have been vaccinated, adding to the sense of safety for visitors.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.