Government of El Salvador releases three women serving long prison sentences for abortion
December 26, 2021
Ministry of Infrastructure Development and Housing hands over 19 houses in four days
December 26, 2021

Global COVID-19 infections now over 280 million

Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2021. 1:50 pm CST.

By Benjamin Flowers: The number of people globally who have contracted COVID-19 is no above 280 million, according to Worldometer.

As of 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 26, 2021, the total reported COVID-19 infections worldwide was at 280,067,857.

There were over 24.3 million active cases, with 0.4 percent of those cases (88,336) listed as serious/critical.

Recoveries continue to represent the bulk of all closed cases (98 percent) with 250,290,043 people reportedly recovering from infection. The remaining 2 percent of closed cases ( 5,415,876) represent patients who have died from the virus.

The United States is rounding out the year with over 53 million confirmed cases, 41 million recoveries, and 837,779 deaths.

India ranked second in terms of infections, has recorded over 34.7 million cases, 34.2 million recoveries, and 479,682 deaths.

Brazil, ranked third by infections but second by number of deaths relating to the virus, has recorded over 22.2 million cases, 21.4 million recoveries, and 618,457 deaths.

To date, Belize has recorded 31,503 cases, 30,415 recoveries, and 592 deaths.


Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.


© 2021, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.


  • Galen University
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • larry waight
  • Belmopan Aggregates
  • cahal pech village resort
  • Galen University
  • Shindaiwa
  • Belmopan Aggregates