byw_bnbbanner

Child who was burnt in fire dies abroad while receiving treatment

Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016. 3:21 p.m. CST.

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

By BBN Staff: Since October, three Belizean children have died in two separate fires on the south side of Belize City.

Last night, Ian Sambula, 4, one of the third children died while receiving treatment at the Shriner’s Hospital for kids in Galveston, Texas, USA.

Sambula and his sister Empress Hamilton, 8, both received burns of 95 per cent on their bodies which were classified as second and third degree burns. In that fire which occurred on Aloe Vera Street on October 4, their cousin Aaron Gabourel,11, had died first.

The Hamilton family is at this time devastated even more and police are yet to classify this incident as arson.

According to the family, a man reportedly ran inside their home, doused the living room with gasoline, lit a match and ran outside.

© 2016, www.breakingbelizenews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Today's News Sponsored By:

Comments

Get the latest from Breaking Belize News anywhere, anytime

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *