Said Musa challenges Faber on student subsidies

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on LinkedIn0

Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017. 9:49 a.m. CST.

By BBN Staff: During the last sitting of the house, former Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Said Musa rose to discuss the issue of education subsidy.

In previous years, each Opposition member had received $10,000 of tax payers’ dollars to assist students in the upcoming school year.

So far those monies have not come in and Musa contacted the Ministry of Education to find out why.

However, he was not given a clear response by Faber’s Secretary.

And so last Friday, Faber addressed Musa’s concerns head on.

According to Faber, students will get their subsidy even if it is not via their Opposition Area Representatives.

“There was nothing to ever suggest that those subsidies must go through the Opposition representatives,” he added.

© 2017, BreakingBelizeNews.com. This article is the copyrighted property of Breaking Belize News. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Today's News Sponsored By:

Comments

Get the latest from Breaking Belize News anywhere, anytime

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *