Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2020. 12:40 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Today, the San Ignacio/Santa Elena (SISE) announced that it would be ceasing all operations following the latest developments with the COVID-19 outbreak in Belize.
SISE Mayor Earl Trapp said that the shut down will be effective as of Monday, April 6, and will continue until further notice.
“It is in this regard that I humbly appeal to all the residents of the municipality, to adhere to the advisories issued by the Government Press,” Trapp said.
Trapp also appealed to health authorities to keep municipalities updated on persons who have been quarantined or tested positive so that residents can, in turn, inform the ministry if they have been in contact with those persons and take the necessary precautions to protect themselves and their families.
Trap told SISE residents that the Council will do all that it can to protect them but that a collective effort needs to be made adhering to social distancing recommendations and staying home as much as possible. His statement follows the confirmation of the fifth confirmed COVID-19 case, announced earlier this morning.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2020, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.