Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022. 6:15 pm CST.
By Benjamin Flowers: Authorities believe that a faulty washing machine is to blame for the house fire in Belize City on Sunday that claimed the life of 83-year-old Elita Elswith Coleman.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Fitzroy Yearwood, Head of Communications for the Office of the Commissioner of Police, said today the preliminary report issued by the Belize National Fire Service (BNFS), suggests the fire originated from the machine due to some form of electrical defect.
Around 12:30 a.m. on December 18, authorities were called to the scene of a house fire on Rasta Street in Belize City, where they found a green, concrete house completely engulfed in flames.
Police officers who arrived at the scene first reportedly made every effort to break into the house to save Coleman but were unsuccessful.
Reports are that she was in the house alone when the fire broke out. The final report on the incident is still being compiled.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtіng@brеаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.