Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022. 4:11 pm CST.
By BBN Staff: Police investigations into the Friday night shooting of 18-year-old Leonardo Castro, have not established any link between him and a previous shooting in the area, where several persons were fired upon but no one was hit.
Castro was at a house in the vicinity of Lakeview Street when a man approached the house and fired several shots at him hitting him to the body.
Assistant Superintendent of Police, Fitzroy Yearwood, Head of Communications for the Office of the Commissioner of Police, said that offices have been canvassing the area where the incident took place, since Friday, in an attempt to ascertain the identity of the shooter. He notes that the previous shooting was only a short distance from where the recent shooting occurred.
“While we would want to connect, because of logical thinking, it’s a week apart and there is no rift between this week’s victim and any of the people from last week who were the intended targets,” Yearwood said.
Castro managed to escape the scene and was taken to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital for treatment, where he is currently listed as being in stable condition.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Belize ~ We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Belize and abroad! Contact us at mаrkеtі[email protected]еаkіngbеlіzеnеwѕ.соm or call us at 501-601-0315.
© 2022, BreakingBelizeNews.com. Content is copyrighted and requires written permission for reprinting in online or print media. Theft of content without permission/payment is punishable by law.